Needham/Wellesley: I-95/Route 128 Add-A-Lane Project
Needham/Wellesley: Bridge Rehab/Replacement On Route 128 (Add-a-Lane 3.25 Miles); Includes 6 Bridges (Bridge V Contract)
This project is the final bridge contract (Bridge V) of the I-95/93 (Route 128) Transportation Improvement Project. The work includes five bridge locations and approximately 3.25 miles of I-95 roadway reconstruction. This roadway work on I-95, from just south of Kendrick Street to just north of Route 9, includes the installation of an additional 12 foot travel lane and 10 foot shoulder in each direction toward the median, along with new collector/distributor roads between Highland Avenue and Kendrick Street. The collector roads will provide safer weaving movements between the interchanges and provide safer traffic movements to and from the adjacent business park.
The bridge locations include the following:
- Kendrick Street over I-95 (Route 128) in Needham
- Highland Avenue over I-95 (Route 128) in Needham
- MBTA RR (Newton Upper Falls Branch) over I-95 (Route 128) in Needham
- I-95 (Route 128) over Central Street in Needham (N-04-022)
- I-95 (Route 128) over Route 9 in Wellesley (W-13-023).
75% Design Plans
25% Design/Public Hearing Drawings